Saturday, May 18, 2013

Miss Pessimistic


I feel that time’s slipping out of my fingers. What I’ve grasped for almost two months now is slowly slipping away. Summer Vacation is nearing its final bow, and I know I’m not the only one to shout “Encore!” out loud, at the top of my lungs.

Ugh, the social media. One day you’re posting pictures of your Singapore trip, “unknowingly” (and presumably) making people sigh with longing and wish it was them travelling, but, the next day you’re looking at albums called “Euro Trip” or “The Best Place In the Whole World, Suckas” and wish YOU were the one who was in their shoes. After my Boracay trip with my Med friends I wanted to go to another fun, exciting trip but time and money do not go hand in hand for me at all. This is my last free summer vacay, I just want something to happen, I want to feel the thrill of road trips and inhale the fresh, Manila-free air once again before classes start. But maybe the trouble is not always the money. I have a strict Mom so travelling with my friends or even nights out always was an issue.  Maybe that explains the weird otherworldly dreams I have. I always liked dreaming, it takes me to places and faces no sane human being would ever imagine. Maybe in this world, dreams are inversely proportional to the life you are actually living. Anyway, all I’m saying is, I may not be living the life I desire… as of the moment. Summer vacation sucks when you’re stuck at home. Forgive me if I’m being Miss Pessimistic now but I’m trying here. That was why I chose to write these feelings down and get it over with and start doing stuff, you know. I’ll be making the most out of the soon-to-be-over vacation, even if I won’t go places like in my dreams. Hopefully come June, when classes are here I’d be telling everyone, “I had a summer blast, suckas.”


Live Long and Prosper,
Judielle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment