Friday, June 8, 2012

Royalty Peepers

If I had to choose my staple eyeshadow color, it would be purple. I think this color suits the eyes best, besides earthy tones like browns and such. Purple is so sexay, and if you may recall from my previous entries, this color accentuates brown eyes, making them look browner.

Okay, last night I did another look making use of purple with four other colors. It was my first time to blend 5 colors together, and was so happy about the result. You might shy away from that idea, cos Holy Spock, five? That's a lot, considering we usually stop with 2 colors.

I didn't bother putting on foundation, concealer, and the works. I immediately proceeded with the eyeshadow. Last night was a school night, and I had 7 am classes this morning(I arrived late cos the traffic was really bad. Good thing the the class, Pathology, didn't start on time). In fact, after all this was done I washed my face then went straight to bed. Cutting the crap, here's the photo with the end result. Again forgive me for the poor picture quality Photo Booth made. Promise, this looks much better in person. :)

Open peepers
If you want to achieve(achev) this look, here's how:
1. Color #1: With a small shadow brush, swipe on a brown color(you can go for a shimmery one, too, it's prettier) to the bottom of your upper lids, the area right above the lash lines. Be careful not to go beyond the creases of the eyes, cos we're going for a different color next. Apply the same color to the lower lash lines. Go a bit further down for the not-over-the-top raccoon eyes effect. It would give a sultry kinda effect to the look.

2. Color #2: Now using a medium shadow brush, apply a warm pink to the creases of your eyes, and blend away. Sweep beyond the creases so it almost reaches the brow bones. This technique needs to be done because we need the warm pink to peek out of the the purple which would be applied over it.

3. Color #3: To add the effect of depth to the eyes, the royal color purple is used. It's the rightful heir to the outer corners or the outer V's of the eyes(too much Game of Thrones, I know). Now apply the same color exactly to the lower lash lines(the brown eyeshadow should still predominate), the same way you apply eyeliner.

4. Color #4: A shimmery cream colored eyeshadow is for the inner corners, as well as along the brow bones, to brighten the peepers.

5. Color #5: Using your pinky fingers, dab a bit of gold eyeshadow on the middle of the bottom lids. There's no need for blending here.

6. Apply your favorite eyeliner along your water lines.

And you're done! Just remember: BLEND TO MEND. ;)

*Colors used are from the e.l.f 100 palette
Live long and prosper
XO Rosary Judielle

No comments:

Post a Comment