Monday, April 23, 2012

I did something productive yesterday

March 25th, 2011


I did something productive yesterday.
Instead of wasting around and doing nothing while at home, I covered some of my books with plastic film. Believe me, nothing’s sadder than letting your paperback books get chipped off/torn/folded over time. I was sitting on the couch when I noticed the poor state American Gods was in. I can almost hear it crying desperately for help. So I grabbed what was left of the plastic roll (which was then used as cover for my school books, but I’m not in school anymore so now it just serves as a dirt detector inside the storage room) wiped the film of dirt building on the surface, and cut and covered and taped away. I managed to cover three of my Gaiman books. As you can see American Gods looks to be about fifty years old, but thanks to my loving and caring hands (and smooth and soft and everything’s a lie) it already is fully restored. YAY! Neverwhere is still brand new since I bought it last January but covered it anyway. Hell, Gaiman books are for keeps.

Well obviously I cannot do anything about the yellowing pages. As a matter of fact, I think yellowed and crispy pages make for cooler than cool books. I can say that I did a pretty good job. I might as well switch careers and be a librarian instead. :))

Why only three books? Maybe my diligence only ran for half an hour. I don’t plan on covering all my books yet. And speaking of books it breaks my heart to think of the books I’ve lost because of not having a permanent address or for having an ex who didn’t bother returning them. I’ll write about my undying love for reading, soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment