Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Of wisdom teeth and 3-day sales

October 22, 2010 (Wow this was made too long ago)

Of wisdom teeth and 3-day sales!

Sooo I was at UST last Friday to arrange my papers for Med School. After that I went straight to SM Megamall to check out the sale. It was only a little after one in the afternoon yet the mall was already packed with people already carrying bags, dodging and elbowing other people here and there. Grabe! I headed to the 2nd level, and there it was. The looooong line of girls waiting for their turn to enter shopping heaven, Forever 21. It was crazy. I didn’t bother to fall in line, instead, I browsed through other shops for items on sale. Maldita had some nice clothes, but there weren’t any small ones left. On occasions like that I wished I was a few sizes bigger so I could fit in something in size medium or large. But then I saw this blue blazer that was the only one left in size small. YAY! I noticed someone else eyeing it already so I grabbed it before anyone could take it. It was a bit loose on me but c’mon, it’s been slashed 70% off its original price, which was 1,200PHP. GOOD BUY.



I rolled up the sleeves, it looks better that way when worn. I’m so happeh I got this!

The following day Ate and I woke up early. We talked about hitting SM before 10AM. Our target: A mad dash to Forever 21. Hahaha! We entered the door where the supermarket was, and there was still this barricade that divided the mall/shops from the supermarket. It was a funny scene. We were like zombies waiting for our meal. Hahaha. The barricade slowly opened, and so the mad dash began. We arrived and there wasn’t a line yet. People came and went freely, but inside there were already lots of shoppers everywhere.

I wasn’t able to buy anything on sale. The experience was fun though. I bought the basic tank top and 2 cocktail rings.

Then came my wisdom tooth removal. That afternoon I had one removed by Dr. Lee of LDC. He was damn good. The other bottom one will be removed a week after this. No pain, no gain. The only way out, is in (says Guru Pitka, my Love Guru). Well it was pretty much painless, thank God Almighty. It was scary hearing the tools in my mouth, and what he actually did was crack the bone(“There’ll be a cracking sound, ignore it”—Dr. Lee. My eyes were closed the whole time they were doing it and I even held the other dentist’s hand and squeeze on it every cracking sound my tooth made) to get it out in pieces, not as a single, large tooth. Strong dentists rock. They make surgeries look so easy. I suffered a swollen face, my right side, for almost a week, it got better just yesterday, and now I could eat more solid stuff and skip the lugaws and the goto. The ice cream can stay. :)

Tomorrow they’ll remove my sutures. FREEDOM!

Live long and prosper,
Judielle

No comments:

Post a Comment