Monday, May 28, 2012

The Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball Manila 2012

I first heard Lady Gaga while watching Gossip Girl, back in 2008/2009. It was during the White Party, when Serena kissed Nate(OMG Nate. Making my googly eyes again) to make Nate's girlfriend jealous. Watch it here. Being the music lover that I am, I instantly fell for the song and looked for the title like a madwoman. It was the song Paparazzi sang by some artist called Lady Gaga. I never knew she would make it big. Now people are going nuts for her and paying a gazillion bucks for her concert tickets.

Lady Gaga's truly an artist. Yes she's weird and wears otherworldy clothes, YES she may be worshipping some other god and some of her music may suggest that, and her unorthodoxy may seem off to other people, but hell(no pun intended), why focus on that when her music actually encourages confidence and a sense of self-worth?

This was the highlight of summer vacation. I went with my mom, sister and cousin for the second night of The Born This Way Ball last May 22nd, and I'm telling you, Lady Gaga's brilliance is beyond crazy. Let the photos do the talking. Sadly though, they're not of great quality.
Le outfit.

Le sister's outfit. Loving the unique necklace!

View from the Gen Ad area


The crowd was this huge.

Whilst singing "Hair", after stating her love for individualism. Holla, gay bestfriends!


Add caption

Paws up! Certified Little Monsters!

Gaga's yummy purple castle (I prefer calling it dungeon)

This was weird, in a good way.

Owned Lower Box like yeaaaah.

Gaga's awesome hologram


Her Origami dress screams FAB!


Add caption




That night we felt as free as our hair

Sorry, but the photos are random in order. They were taken from different cameras.

What's frigging lucky is that, we originally paid for the Gen Ad tickets but, drumrolls if you please, we got transferred to Lower Box, right beside the stage, practically the best seats in the house! My cousin almost cried with delight. My favorite part was when she performed Judas and You and I. Lady Gaga singing Judas made the crowd go, well, gaga. Singing it felt so liberating! The You and I part was just as entertaining. Remember what I told you about learning the You and I choreography? HAH! I danced and sang like no one's there to watch and listen. This is by far the best show I've ever been to.

I'll always be a fan, Mother Monster!

Live long and prosper,
XO Judielle, the little monster

No comments:

Post a Comment