Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ch-ch-cherries and chocolates

One of the basic makeup rules(unless you wanna look clownish) is toning down the eyes when a dark shade of lipstick is preferred, and vice versa. Like this one look I made.

Ahh, RED. My ultimate favorite color, which, by the way, is my color of choice for my lips. Way back I often wear red lipstick(yes, even in school, though more toned down) but when I started dreaming of becoming a MUA I began venturing on other shades like pinks, purples, and oranges. I'm still in love with red lippies and If I get to be stuck on an island with just one lipstick in hand I'd bring my Ruby Woo with me. Now what are the odds I'd actually get stranded, hmm?

Ta-da! Finished product.

Not obvious here, but I used gold on my lids, then white eyeshadow over the gold for a more subdued look.

Finally, dark brown on my outer v's, white eyeliner on my bottom waterlines, and brown eyeliner on my upper lashlines and bottom waterlines. Wow that's a mouthful.

Just my two cents: If you like applying eyeliner on your bottom lashline, it's better using a brown one cos it'll look more natural than when using black.

Okay, uhm, ignore my Mom's freaky college grad pic at the back.

See what I did there? Dark lipstick, and just the right amount of eyeshadow, nothing too dark, cos you wanna draw attention to your lips.

On my lips: Nichido red liner, MAC Russian Red
On my eyes: e.l.f. 100-shade palette(dark brown, gold, and white), Prestige white eyeliner, MAC Stubborn Brown eye pencil), Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing Neo mascara


Live long and prosper.
XO Judielle

No comments:

Post a Comment